Kate Beckinsale's eating disorder struggle

Kate Beckinsale has admitted she suffered from anorexia when she was younger, but says she has fully recovered. The Underworld star's weight dropped to a scary 70 pounds, and she went through four years of five-day-a-week therapy to overcome the illness. "[I wish] I had had a sensible magazine article to have read at the time from someone who was actually intelligent," the actress said. "I never really talked about that, actually. [But] when I was around 22 or 23, I decided I'd mention it because I decided I was one of the few people I knew who had that problem who didn't remain a freak about it. It's really more about fixing up your life instead of eating or not eating." Beckinsale was recently voted as "Perfectly Toned" by readers of InStyle magazine.


source

No comments:

Post a Comment